Friday, May 9, 2008

Birthday Brief

Today was a fun and carefree day! My sister and I went to play for my birthday. Shelby was out of school because she had to go to the doctor, so Beth kept her out for the remainder of the day and she watched Aubrin and Reagan while we hit the town. Thanks Shelby for giving of your day for me. Beth and I started the day at Sprinkles Cupcakes. Everyone knows my love affair for cupcakes and the doors opened for the Scottsdale location this week (they must have known it was my birthday). These are expensive little things, but were so good. Note to self: Don't over indulge, may cause sugar overload!! We bought more than we needed and had plenty to bring home and share.



We then hit Scottsdale Fashion Square to check out our favorite stores: Bare Escentuals, Crate and Barrel, Williams Sonoma and Pottery Barn.



I had never been into a Bare Escentuals store. Beth uses their makeup. They did my makeup and I think I might have found another great face product. I am pretty picky about what I put on my face and I do not like to feel like I have so much make up on that it is going to take a jack hammer to get it off. This was a powder base that was so light, but had great coverage.

Beth bought me a gift at Williams Sonoma and she finally got that shelf she has been wanting at Pottery Barn that she has been hoping to get for over a year. We tried to make this outing as kidless as possible, but we did hit a couple baby stores looking for a gift before heading for lunch.

After lunch and heading back over to our side of the tracks, we went to Potato Garden to browse for tables and then headed over to one more store to pick me up some capris before calling it a day.

Aubrin was glued to Shelby's hip and after much begging and pleading got to spend the night with her. I ran the kids over for a quick swim (our pool is out of commission right now) and my day has now drawn to a close. I had a blast goofing off with my sister and thank her for making this day a good one! Tomorrow evening Ryan and I are headed out for a Birthday/Mothers Day celebration. I am looking forward to spending time with him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY be-lated Birthday!

Katie said...

Happy Birthday again! I am so glad that you were able to get away with Beth! What a fun treat. So nice of her and Shelby to do that for you!!
I can't wait to hear about your night out with Ryan :)

Katie said...

PS--I want to hear more about the new bare essentials product you found. I have liked the few you have shared so far...