Today Reagan went to the dentist for her first dental appointment. I have been dreading this for days. I noticed a spot on a tooth when I was brushing her teeth . I was positive that it was a cavity. She has such deep grooves in her teeth like I do, so it catches more. It bugs me that she has a cavity this young. If you know me, than you know that I am obsessive when it comes to brushing teeth. I am border line psychotic. I have been known to pry my kids mouths open and brush their teeth even after they have fallen asleep (I know, never wake a sleeping child. Yeah, I can't do that). So, I made her an appointment to get checked out and knew that it was going to be a nightmare. The kids cries when she sees anyone in scrubs. Heck, the kid cries and is apprehensive about anything different. She was fine in the waiting room and started the break down as soon as she saw the assistant at the door and heard her named called. We were not able to get xrays. She wouldn't sit in the chair. So, she ended up straddling me as I sat in a chair and he leaned her back onto his lap. She screamed, gagged and the big finale was the vomiting. I knew it was going to be bad! Well, after his check, she indeed has a cavity and a small spot on another he said we should take care of before it turns into something worse. He also recommended sealants. Obviously, she will not be "patient of the year" and we will have to sedate her. So, not only will she be opening wide, but so will our wallet. It stinks. I guess if I wasn't as obsessive as I am with my kid's teeth, she could have been far worse (you like that positivity?). So, back to the dentist on the 16th to drug and fix'er up! Ugh!



2 comments:
Oh Erin, I can completely relate! We have had 2 that we had to drug to let the doctor in to see. What a pain. Poor Reagan!
I hope that it goes well on the 16th. Good luck!!
And I love the positive attitude. Just look at Katelynn's mouth and you'll be glad you caught it early :o)
I think I could eat her. Really.
Good luck on the 16th!
Post a Comment