Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Highlights of Last Week

Okay, so my brain is frazzled and yesterday was a LONG LONG busy day and today isn't looking any better, but I am going to try to recap this past Spring Break extravaganza, hitting the highlights.

Friday, March 14th
Date night! Okay, so we upgraded from Wal-Mart dates to Costco dates. I was "wined and dined" at Red Robin before we headed over and did some kid free shopping!

Saturday, March 15th
Got up early and headed to my niece, Kaylee's Baptism. Her Dad, Matt, flew in from Oregon for the special occasion. It was nice to get the family together. I made her a sign for her room and this "8" card for her big day!




After the baptism, Emma (my niece) came home to play with the girls. Matt came to stay with us since Ryan was taking him to the airport the following day bright and early. Matt is so great with the kids. He was out there slathering sunscreen on them, throwing water balloons, riding bikes and playing soccer. He is a doctor and is going to be a Dermatologist-hence the slathering.



Matt, Jayna, Kaylee and Ella (1 year ago)


Later that evening the Murset's dropped their kids off (they were so kind as to watch our rugrats the night before-we did the ol' babysitting switcheroo). The kids had a good time yelling and playing as they always do.

Sunday, March 16th
I had the opportunity to sing in sacrament with some other great ladies. If, "Sisters in Zion" can be rocked, than we most definitely rocked it!

Monday, March 17th
Brooklyn spent Sunday night with Katelynn's grandma and got to go out Monday to get lunch, pedicures and to get a manicure. I am sleeping over next! The Moore's (my sister and family) came over in the evening for FHE and we did the "Resurrection Eggs" (Thanks once again Kristen-I used it for my YW Easter lesson also) and colored eggs. I had planned to post all these pictures and even went to grab my camera and the kids had taken it and I couldn't find it! I found it in one of the girls' purses. So, this event will only be documented in my mind, but I am not for sure how long.

Tuesday, March 18th
Not a clue! Not kidding! See, it fades fast!

Wednesday, March 19th
Beth, the kids and I did a picnic at the park. We hung out and then I skipped out on Young Women's and we headed to the Easter Pageant, since I knew we wouldn't have a chance before it ended. It was fun and the kids did fairly well. Reagan was fascinated by it all. She loved the "hee haw" (horse) the most.

Thursday, March 20th
Shelby watched the kiddos and Katie and I went out to San Tan Village for a kidless outing to check out the shops. Found a new kids clothing store that I love. http://naartjie.homestead.com/. The clothes seem comfy and are stinkin' cute! Thanks Katie for taking me out there. Ryan might not be so appreciative!

Friday, March 21st
Cleaned what I hadn't the first part of the week. I also had promised Kaylee Murset that she could stay the night sometime during Spring Break and up until that point I hadn't held up to my end of the bargain. So, I invited the Murset kids over and I let the kids make pizzas and the girls spent the night. It is amazing how much fun kids have cooking!


Kaylee and Aubrin

Brooklyn and Katelynn

Scott and Kristen


Saturday, March 22nd
Went to Beth's Ward and mooched off of their Easter Egg Hunt. I was wanting to get one in and I thought if I did one in my back yard it would be lame. The girls couldn't contain themselves. I also have to give my kids props. They were willingly generous and shared their eggs with a little girl that was having a "hard time" and was sad because her Dad was late and she missed the hunt. I was so proud of them for brightening that little girls day!


My squinting Easter Egg Hunters

Sisterly love


Kristen, Shelby and Reagan

Sunday, March 23rd

Easter! I gave myself plenty of time to get ready for church. I knew that the kids would need extra hair attention. I was able to shoot a picture of the kids before we left for church. The individuals of them stunk, but I actually got a decent group shot.



I taught Young Women's and the lesson went really well. After church, Beth, Stacy, Jake and Shelby came over for dinner and we hung out and watched "I am Legend" It didn't scream the Easter spirit, but it was nice to sit and take the time to watch a movie...a whacked out one at the least! Wowza!


It was an eventful, fun, but quite crammed week. So far this has been a crazy week too, so I haven't quite got my bearings back. Maybe, after New Beginnings is over on Wednesday.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Oh my word Erin...I LOVE that picture of your girls!! They all looked SO cute Sunday and you and Ryan looked nice also. I loved your hair!
We had a fun Spring Break with your family. The kids loved the pizza night!!
Please let me know if I can help you out today or tomorrow. The girls are more than welcome to come over while you run around or set up.
Just think, tomorrow night and your week will slow down...whew!

kh said...

Seriously, that idea wasn't mine. I just found it and shared.

Anonymous said...

My neices are the most beautiful neices in the whole darn world! Love those girls! -Beth