The highlight of this day was the opportunity we had to go to the Mesa Arizona Temple Visitor's Center for Family Home Evening with the Murset Family. The "Reflections of Christ" Exhibit is amazing. I fell in love with the photography and have never seen such beautiful pictures reflecting the life of Christ. The documentary that you can see is definitely worth seeing as it gives you a chance to hear how they felt when the pictures were shot and how some of them were done. I just spoke with my sister-in-law who is good friends with Mark Mabry the photographer. She said that Mark gave her Dad (who is being treated for cancer) an original signed photo. He gave him the one where Christ is healing. She also mentioned that they will eventually be available for purchase! I have to have at least one of his prints in my home.
Here is the photographers website. There is also a blog there that was created on these that you can access from this site: http://www.mabrystudios.com/
TUESDAY
Aubrin does some fun things at her school. They have field trips often and Aubrin gets so excited. Tuesday she had her Fire Department Field Trip. We all met at the teachers house and walked to the local fire station counting the fire hydrants along the way and singing songs about crossing the street and stranger danger.
Aubrin was chosen to "Stop, Drop and Roll!"
Then we were off to downtown Mesa for lunch at Sweetcakes. We got there a little early and took a walk around. This was nice because we had one of the guys from Woods Construction at our home grouting in our fireplace and I wanted to be out of the way and just out of the house!
Lunch was so yummy. The crew (Kristen, Mati and Kourtni Hansen & Katie, Kamree and Mason Murset & Aubrin, Reagan and I) had a good time chatting and playing. We need to make a point to do this more often. Kristen and I found this really cute vintage scrapbook store called Mystic Paper that had some really unique fun things. It is calling my name!
After the afternoon get together Mati and Aubrin didn't get enough of each other and Aubrin got to go home with the Hansen's to extend the fun! She had a blast and came home entertained, bathed with cute hair and fed!-That is my kind of play date!
Thanks Kristen for taking Aubrin for the day and for the cute picture above.
WEDNESDAY
I have the great privilege of going to Young Women Girls Camp this summer (I am over the crafts). We had camp kick-off in the evening so the girls and I headed up to the Stake Center to help with decorating and preparing for the evening. Brenda Sibley is also on the camp committee and Luke and Brooklyn Sibley were there as well. Aubrin loves playing with friends! When I was gathering the kids to leave Luke shot me a look and told me that Aubrin was coming to his house to play. So, Aubrin, Miss Social, had another play date with Luke.
After school Luke and Brooklyn came over to play while Brenda went to the dentist and Kristen and Brooklyn went home with the Murset's for some play time.
Katelynn and my little Jack-o-Lantern! Thanks Katie for the cute picture and for having the kids!
While the kids played I started dinner because we were having the missionaries over before I headed off to Young Women. Busy day!
THURSDAY
Ran Aubrin to school and between that time headed home to mow the lawn and do some various yard work. I love to mow the yard and work outside especially when the weather is great. The rest of the day I tried to catch up with all the many things that I fell behind on throughout the week. I did like 8 loads of laundry and continued to clean up from the layer of grout that covered my house from the Tuesday fireplace overhaul. The fireplace is finally complete (only 5 years in the making) and I am loving it!
All in all this was a fun but really busy week!


3 comments:
What a fun week! Your fireplace looks amazing! Nice job!! I'm glad I could be a part of some of your family fun :)
Yeah for Tidbits! I love your fireplace too! I am already craving another sandwich, but after seeing that pic you took of me, I should lay off the eating all together.
Aubrin is welcome here anytime!
I hope you like your citrus, I don't even remember if I asked you if you wanted any, I kind of threw it at you. I really wished I had my camera when you and Kristen were peddling away... PRICELESS! You guys looked like sisters, not mother daughter!
Oh, and Mike did go to Priesthood, my guilt conscience got the better of me. I kept wondering how I would 'splain that one in heaven.
As I said before, I love the picture. I will get rid of it if you really want me to though. I don't really enjoy having pictures of me taken. I am so glad you didn't have your camera when we were peddling away. Oh, my!
I am in for another sandwhich run whenever you are.
I am surprised he went to PH Meeting. It would be hard to hit all the meetings when you NEVER see your family. Good for him and good for you.
Post a Comment