Monday, February 25, 2008

A Moment of Silence

He has been good to us. We have spent many nights with him. He was Ryan's best friend and the son he never had. He was my escape. We have spent countless hours in his company and will cherish the 5 years we had with him. He was someone we loved to listen to. He was quite entertaining and will be missed dearly. Up until now he has been so reliable and was someone we NEVER wanted to replace. But, the day has come . Our television has seen it's last days! Ryan always joked around with the kids and told them to keep their hands off their brother and I have to say it was our only child that Ryan didn't mind watching. Do you think the Relief Society will bring in meals? It was worth a try!

3 comments:

kh said...

Ha! Ha! That is funny crap! Did Ryan take a day off work to mourn? I will bring you over some brownies if that will help take the edge off of this terrible loss.

Okay, so off subject... totally fun to buy a new one! Flat screen??? I can't wait for ours to kick the bucket!

Erin Flanagan Woods said...

I think he thought about taking the day off, but then what would he do? You should have seen him yesterday. He was so flustered. It was funny. It is amazing how big of a part of our life is t.v. Sad maybe, but I have to admit that I love to watch it.

It is time for an upgrade. We cruised the ads yesterday and holy smokes they are pricey, but we are going to have to suck it up and just do it. We are just trying to figure out what type we want. Who knew there were so many choices(Plasma, DLP, LCD),how big do we want to go, etc. Fun to shop, but not fun to pay for. Plus, alot of televisions need stands, so we will have to shop for those too.

Katie said...

I love this post! Very funny! My condolences to the family :) I hope that the repair route works out for you.

Thanks for a fun FHE! Can you believe that neither one of us took pics? What kind of bloggers are we ;) I even made note to bring the camera along...oh well. Next time.