Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Worth the Weight


Okay, so today was the official week mark of my new healthier life style. I am trying to just be more aware of what I am eating and I plan to exercise daily. So, since I am a Biggest Loser fan, I thought I would weigh in once a week and check my progress. I get these tips from these diet websites and I am already breaking a couple rules. They say not to tell anyone that you are even starting a "diet" and also not to weigh in that regularly. First of all, like I said, I have to put it out there because I think I will make better choices knowing that I have broadcast it. Also, I have to see progress. I figure it will be slow, but I guess if the #'s continue to go down than I just need to be patient. I need to see that I am doing some good and that I am not just torturing myself for nothing.

So, the scale was my friend today. Not my best friend, but a friend none the least. This week I am down 4 1/2 pounds. I suppose that is a good start. That rate of weigh loss will be great if I could pull that off every week.

I know this sounds funny, but I can tell a difference in my endurance in just a week. I am not ready for that marathon yet, but I have increased my incline on my treadmill and I am going for longer and even running longer than I was in the beginning. I figure, a week out and I can tell, than imagine over time what I can do.

1 comment:

kh said...

Bravo Erin! 4.5 pounds is AWESOME! I am so proud of you!

Kristen