Thursday, January 10, 2008

My Brotha!


Happy 34th Birthday, Jim!
Although he is really struggling with the fact that he is getting older, I think he is doing it well. Jim is a firefighter for DFW (Dallas Fort Worth). He was also at one time a police officer. He has dang cute kids and a beautiful wife. Lucky man!



Jimmy and I have always been close. Well, I guess not always. There were those times (which we laugh about now) that he was the typical big brother. We use to shoot hoops together and when I didn't want to play and would be heading home, he would tackle me and hit me and insist that I do. We used to like to wrestle in the family room also and he really liked pounding my head on the floor of the brick surround around the woodburning stove we had in the living room. We also played football down the hallway. He made me strong!

When I got to High School I was asked to be a trainer for the athletic department. I was the one wrapping ankles and giving the football team water, etc. Well, since this was my brothers "turf" he wasn't too thrilled with the fact that I was invading on it. When his friends became my friends, he realized I wasn't as bad as he thought and we were inseparable. He was quite protective of me. He would even ask his friends who were playing other sports that he didn't, to watch after me when he was not there. There were some who even thought we were dating which weirds me out! He cost me dates but kept me from alot of losers.

Jim was extremely strong and the rock of our family when my Dad passed away. He was there for my Mom in those moments immediately after and a great support for us. I just love my brother! I am blessed to have him.

No comments: