Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Wishes

November and December are by far my favorite months. I love Thanksgiving for obvious reasons. Who can resist the yummy food and the time to reflect on what we are so very thankful for. Christmas is the same. I might live in La La Land, but it is magical to me. I love giving gifts and the whole spirit that surrounds the holiday.

This Thanksgiving I am grateful for so much. Too many to list them all, but I could not let the holiday go by without acknowledging a few. Like most, I am thankful for friends and my family. I am also thankful for the freedoms I have, my faith and all the comforts that I am able to enjoy. This year has been a year of change for me. Well, the last couple of years have, but this year in particular I have been blessed with determination and good health. I have been in weight loss mode for over 10 months and I have learned so much about myself. Thanks to all those who say such kind words. You help fuel me! You keep me going and with that I owe you much gratitude.

I know I am Ms. Health Tipster these days, but I love good advice. I especially love this one because it is giving me permission to eat. That is my kind of advice!

Five strategies to use tomorrow (and during all holidays and celebrations):
  • Give yourself permission. It's okay for this special day to not be a weight-loss day.
  • "Frame" your splurge. Keep your indulgences to one meal, not the whole "holiday weekend."
  • Have a plan. Figure out what you'll eat before and after your special meal. When does exercise fit in?Enjoy the splurge.
  • Don't starve yourself before you sit down to eat. This is not your last meal on earth. Having said that, enjoy your food. Eat slowly and give yourself permission to enjoy each bite.
  • Get back on track after your meal. No beating yourself up; no regrets. Just get back to your regular healthy routine.

There it is, I am going to eat and be merry! I hope that everyone else does the same. Enjoy your families and friends. That is what it is all about.

So, to all...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you and your family a very Safe and Happy Thanksgiving!!

Katie said...

Ha ha! I love the picture :)

I hope that you have a wonderful day tomorrow too! I love the tips. I agree. You have worked so hard, just enjoy the holiday and get back on track. I knew you would anyway. You are so good about allowing yourself splurges and then refocussing.

Thanks for the chat today. You are the best!!